[Debian-med-packaging] How are bed files created? (Was: trinculo_0.96+dfsg-1_amd64.changes REJECTED)

Liubov Chuprikova chuprikovalv at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 17:21:17 BST 2020

Hi Andreas and Pranav,

On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 at 10:06, Andreas Tille <andreas at an3as.eu> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> could anybody who works with sequences comment on this?

I have just checked the file and as Michael said during the Jitsi meeting,
Plink (in Debian) uses such a format. I just tried quickly and it's
possible to convert the file back to flat format:

plink1 --bfile examples/genotypes --recode --tab --out genotypes --noweb

and back to binary, here three files will be created: *.bed, *.fam, *.bim
(those are in examples folder):

plink1 --file genotypes --make-bed --out genotypes --noweb

So, the binary can be excluded and replaced by a flat version of the file.

Regards,
Liubov

In the worst case we would need to remove the bed file from the source