[Debian-med-packaging] Missing source only uploads (Was: Other ways to help the Debian Med team: Ping about free licenses)

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Sat Apr 18 07:39:17 BST 2020

[Yaroslav, please seek for your name in the text below.  Its about
 missing source-only uploads for new packages - but there are build
 issues I can not solve quickly]

Hi Ben,

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 12:22:03AM +0200, Ben Tris wrote:
> Hello Andreas,
>
> Added the link to SoftwareLiberation to my page, with ask extra help for
> ffp, blat, meme.

Thanks.  This would be great.

> Earlier I had already tried to draw attention, and I investigated a
> little how I could help.
> (Sometimes I do bug reports and mail about license issues.)

As I said: Bug reports are more helpful since these do not end up in the
middle of some mailbox.  I get lots of mails and can not process them
all in one batch.  Aging mails tend to be forgotten at some point in
time.

> That page I'm not keeping up forever, today was the last update.
> Hopefully it draws some extra help for Debian Med (There is a link to it
> indirect from the homepage of the FSD).

In any case your contribution was helpful.

> I didn't  really understand if you would liked to be noticed, but these
> are probably all those test messages at this moment:
> (Was the last time I'm going to check.)

It is actually helpful since my automatic method is not yet ready.

> arch amd64 binaries uploaded / arch all binaries uploaded, source-only
> upload is needed:
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/fasta3

Its actually strange that this does not migrate since the last upload
should have been source-only.  But I asked around whether somebody wants
to add SIMDE support for other architectures.  So this might last some
time.

> arch all binaries uploaded, source-only upload is needed:
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/dnapi

Arg, fixed in Git since some weeks but forgot to upload. :-(
Done now.

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/hdmf

This package does not build.  It has issues with hdf5 / python3.8.
Yaroslav, could you please take over?

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/python-bel-resources

Hmmm, same as for dnapi here. :-(

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/python-bids-validator  (new version
> available)

Upgraded and uploaded.

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/pyxid

Source-only upload done.

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/resfinder-db  (new version available)

Upgraded and uploaded.

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/smart-open
> arch amd64 binaries uploaded:

Source-only upload.

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/idba

No idea why this went wrong - just doing another source upload

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/orthanc-python

Source-only upload done and granted upload permissions to
Sebastien Jodogne

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/skewer

Source-only upload done.

> More issues:
> arch all binaries uploaded, source-only upload is needed
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/pbsuite

As you realised there are other issues preventing testing migration.
But at least I did a source-upload right now.

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/jalview  (new version available)(bio
> (Debian Java Maintainers))

Hmmmm, that's heavily outdated and needs more work than just a
source-only upload.  We are aware of this and there is work in progress
(slowly).

> I wish you all the best with this project.

Thanks a lot and thank you for your contributions