[Debian-med-packaging] biosig4c++ packaging in debian

Alois Schlögl alois.schloegl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 16:56:42 BST 2020

Am 8/10/20 um 10:06 PM schrieb Andreas Tille:
> Hi Alois,
>
> On Sun, Aug 09, 2020 at 10:51:53PM +0200, Alois Schlögl wrote:
>> After some improvements packaging biosig 2.0.4, I got stuck trying to
>> add the files in share/biosig/matlab as part of "octave-biosig".
>> Attached is the log from the following command:
>>
>>  debuild -i -us -uc -b
>>
>> Can you give me some hints how to add these files in the package ?
> In debhelper compat 13 dh_missing defaults to --fail-missing.
> The simplest way would be to
>
>    override_dh_missing:
> 	dh_missing --list-missing
>
> However, I personally prefer to explicitly
>
>    override_dh_missing:
> 	rm <what_should_not_be_installed
> 	dh_missing
>
> Feel free to choose whatever option you prefer.
>
> Kind regards
>
>       Andreas.

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the hint. This helped me to fix other issues, currently, the
package builds without error. It seems this would allow 2.0.4 to be
build in debian. I pushed the sonameversion to 3 because the ABI changed
because visibility is now managed in the source, but the API did not
change. So, this should not affect any application (sigviewer and
stimfit build fine). I guess this means it can go into unstable?

For clarification, my question was about how one could include these
files into the distributed octave-biosig package - not how to ignore
them. Perhaps there is no easy way for it, and I need to package this
first as an octave-forge package and include that octave-forge package
in debian? Or is there some documentation about debian packaging that
you can recommend ?

Best,

  Alois