[Debian-med-packaging] Please check hmmer2 autopkgtest

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Aug 13 09:58:15 BST 2020

Hi Pranav,

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 10:17:29PM +0530, Pranav Ballaney wrote:
> The autopkgtest runs some binaries that are compiled as part of the build
> process. These binaries weren't being copied to the examples folder
> because of `make clean` in d/rules, and after removing that line, the
> autopkgtest suite passes.

Ahhh, that makes sense.

> However, even though the tests from these compiled binaries pass at build
> time, they fail during the autopkgtest. The return code is still 0 somehow,
> so the test suite as a whole passes. The test logs [1] indicate that the
> tests were passing in the previous version, so it seems to be an issue with
> the new version. Besides, the same tests pass during build time, so is it
> an issue with packaging / the chroot?

... or some missing dependency?  No idea. :-(

> Furthermore, is it okay to ship compiled binaries as examples in the
> hmmer2-doc package?

Not if doc package remains architecture: all.  Moreover I'd consider it
a perfect test to re-build those test binaries in the autopkgtest since
this would prove the development package libhmmer2-dev is working.

> If I try to recompile these binaries within the testing
> chroot instead of just copying them, it fails because it also needs files
> from the src/ directory (for example, src/config.h). So we will have to
> include those within hmmer2-doc too.

Shipping src/config.h (if really needed) as well as the sources for the
test scripts inside doc would be OK.

Thanks for checking the situation

      Andreas.