[Debian-med-packaging] Please check hmmer2 autopkgtest

Pranav Ballaney ballaneypranav at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 17:47:29 BST 2020

Hi,
The autopkgtest runs some binaries that are compiled as part of the build
process. These binaries weren't being copied to the examples folder
because of `make clean` in d/rules, and after removing that line, the
autopkgtest suite passes.

However, even though the tests from these compiled binaries pass at build
time, they fail during the autopkgtest. The return code is still 0 somehow,
so the test suite as a whole passes. The test logs [1] indicate that the
tests were passing in the previous version, so it seems to be an issue with
the new version. Besides, the same tests pass during build time, so is it
an issue with packaging / the chroot?

Furthermore, is it okay to ship compiled binaries as examples in the
hmmer2-doc package? If I try to recompile these binaries within the testing
chroot instead of just copying them, it fails because it also needs files
from the src/ directory (for example, src/config.h). So we will have to
include those within hmmer2-doc too.

Regards,
Pranav

[1]