[Debian-med-packaging] CAMP retired, now: Ponder

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Fri Mar 27 08:52:05 GMT 2020

Hi Flavien,

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 09:25:06AM +0100, Flavien BRIDAULT wrote:
> Yes we are aware of it and that's why we forked camp more almost two
> years ago. We discussed directly the original maintainers from Tegesoft
> and they allowed us to maintain camp as an alternative to ponder. They
> even mention that on their original repo
> https://github.com/tegesoft/camp (even if they point to our historic
> fork on fw4spl-org).

Thanks for the clarification.

> Whatever, still, we consider to switch to ponder at some point because
> it is way more active and modern than camp. We did not have time to work
> on that but with the lockdown, maybe it's a good time to think about it. :)
>
> Please tell me if you think this is a priority for Debian.

If you think its relevant to fight COVID-19, than yes. ;-)

BTW, could you possibly with your personal insight have a look at our
COVID-19 task

   https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/covid-19

and mention what you think should not be there and what is missing?
We just need expert input.

Thanks again and I want to wish personally all the best to France in
its fight

      Andreas.