[Debian-med-packaging] Last step NanoPlot

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Fri May 1 14:38:17 BST 2020

Hi,

On Fri, May 01, 2020 at 01:50:17PM +0200, Étienne Mollier wrote:

> Thank you for your input, at least for me it clarifies a bit how
> those apps are supposed to be assembled.  Pulling that thread,
> if I attempt to execute the raw JavaScript executable, I end up
> with the following trace:
>
> 	$ bin/orca.js
> 	internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:638
> 	    throw err;
> 	    ^
>
> 	Error: Cannot find module 'electron'
>
> At t time, said "electron" module still seems undergoing
> packaging:
>
> 	https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=842420
>
> It even has its own task to follow progress towards inclusion
> into Debian; there is a lot of work in perspective:
>
> 	https://wiki.debian.org/Javascript/Nodejs/Tasks/electron

Ahhh, hmmmm, it would be cool to have electron - but I have the feeling
this will exceed our manpower.  May be it makes sense to watch the
progress and step in once electron packaging is finished?

> I've been using the big binary blob file orca-1.3.1.AppImage,
> per README's recommendation, to carry out testing with and
> without plotly-orca availability while testing NanoPlot, but I
> do not expect that approach to be very conform to Debian policy
> for a native package.

I agree that it might be interesting for a test but I would not spent to
much time into it as long as we have lots of other things to do on our
list.

Kind regards and thanks for the research into this topic