[Debian-med-packaging] Freebayes and bio-vcf (Was: Released sambamba 0.8.0)

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Thu Jan 14 09:55:14 GMT 2021

Hi Pjotr,

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 08:54:22AM +0100, Pjotr Prins wrote:
> I also fixed gemma (make), vcflib (cmake) and freebayes (meson) builds
> and made new releases.

we have
    sambamba 0.8.0
    gemma 0.98.3
    vcflib 1.0.1
in unstable and testing so this is settled, IMHO

I've cheched the new version of freebayes and the change of the build
system created some headache since it also includes third party software
which we need to sort out.  I understood that you intentionally provided
a libseqlib extract.  I wonder whether the just released libseqlib 1.2.0
will be compatible with freebayes.  We need to check the other code -
in principle its a new packaging what we need to do for the new version
(and the effort is started in the packaging Git[1] - everybody in the
packaging team who wants to beat me is absolutely invited to do so!

> We are also publishing bio-vcf soon, and it would be good to have that
> in Debian. The last is a Ruby gem with no dependencies. Efraim
> and I can support updating these tools so they are easy for you to
> incorporate. They have GNU guix packages because that is my
> development environment.
>
> https://github.com/vcflib/bio-vcf

Anybody with some Ruby experience is kindly invited to help here.

Pjotr, thanks a lot for your cooperation - we try to do our best to
include everything in the latest version into Debian 11.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/freebayes