[Debian-med-packaging] mcl 22-282

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Dec 6 11:03:00 GMT 2022

Hi Stijn,

Am Tue, Dec 06, 2022 at 10:26:28AM +0000 schrieb Stijn van Dongen:
> > I admit if it would be contained upstream and thus we have the good
> > feeling that it is supposed to work with latest mcl this would be
> > helpful.  There is no need to hurry, thought, since we solved the
> > issue with a copy of the old version.
> >

> That's basically what I would do, so it should be fine. The exchange
> formats for mcl are very stable,
> and this is the only thing that mclblastline really needs.

Thanks for confirming.

> > I admit we have way more severe problems with loosing the OCaml patch
> > we included in version 14.  This has three reverse depends we lost
> > now and since we have nobody with knowledge in OCaml we have no idea
> > how to solve this.
> >

> I know someone who has some interest in OCaml, I'll drop them a line on the
> off-chance.

This would be really great.  Please point him to the latest patch at

   https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/mcl/-/blob/master/debian/patches/OCamlSupport.patch

which applies to MCL 14.  The original patch that can be found at Github
applies to an older version of MCL.

Hope this helps