[Debian-med-packaging] ubpm_1.9.0+20230923-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Thorsten Alteholz debian at alteholz.de
Thu Oct 26 18:37:25 BST 2023

Hi Steve,

On 26.10.23 05:23, Steven Robbins wrote:
> On Monday, October 23, 2023 1:00:09 P.M. CDT Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> please ask upstream to add all licenses of embedded stuff like
>> ./sources/plugins/shared/hidapi
> Could you expand on this request?  Each file notes "At the discretion of the
> user of this library,  this software may be licensed under the terms of the
> GNU General Public License v3, a BSD-Style license, ..."

yes, but the sentence goes on: "..., or the original HIDAPI license as
outlined in the LICENSE.txt,
LICENSE-gpl3.txt, LICENSE-bsd.txt, and LICENSE-orig.txt"

The GPL is ok, but the BSD-Style license is not at all unambiguous and
what is the contents of LICENSE.txt and LICENSE-orig.txt?
They should be "located at the root of the source distribution.", but
they are not, hence my request.

>    The debian/copyright
> specifies GPL-3:
>
>      Files: sources/plugins/shared/hidapi/*
>      Copyright: 2022, 2023 libusb/hidapi Team
>      License: GPL-3

Yes but this is just a part of the license, at least the "... or BSD-3"
is missing. According to Debian policy 12.5 a "verbatim copy of its
distribution license(s)" need to appear in your debian/copyright.

> Sorry, that is a clear miss on my part.  I will clarify the license or remove
> these before re-uploading.

Ok, great, thanks a lot.

   Thorsten