[Debian-on-mobile-maintainers] Forking on MMSD

Christopher Talbot chris at talbothome.com
Thu Apr 15 12:30:51 BST 2021

Hello Guido,

On Thu, 2021-04-15 at 11:10 +0200, Guido Günther wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 02:46:30PM -0400, Chris Talbot wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Wed, 2021-04-14 at 20:30 +0200, Guido Günther wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > Keeping your ofono version on source.puri.sm is certainly
> > > welcome!
> > > Cheers,
> > >  -- Guido

> > Thank you for allowing me to keep hosting it there.
>
> Great. If you really want to maintain a fork i'd consider renaming to
> make that obvious (e.g. mm-mmsd) to avoid confusion within distros.

I agree. I am admittedly bad at renaming things, so if you (or anyone
else on this email distro) have ideas, I am willing to hear it! Right
now the two I have heard that I like are:

1) yammsd
2) mmsd-ng (or mmsd-tng -> I am Star Trek fan)

I am thinking I should wait until the weekend to formally change things
in my repo, as this email chain shook a lot of trees that I did not
expect it to. While it would be nice if something came out of this
email chain, I am highly doubtful it will.

> > Since it is now a fork, I added Mr. Ceratto, Mr. Farraris (a-wai),
> > and
> > Mr. Clayton Craft (craftyguy, a pmOS developer) as maintainers. Is
> > there a wish for a Purism maintainer to be added as well?
> I think sadiq and devrtz were the ones most involved so far but i
> think
> working via MRs is fine since that allows to establish a workflow.

That sounds good. Everyone on that list said pretty much the same thing
you did. My primary concern is if something were to happen to me, it is
good to have someone else who has access to the repo as well.