[Debian-pan-maintainers] How to build packages for Ubuntu

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Wed Aug 24 08:56:38 BST 2016

> We are targettting Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04 LTSs

do you plan to target also the current developement version of Ubuntu ?

> Tango9 seems not be working with mysql-server 5.7, we couldn't get the tango-db to start up.

Yes the work to be done is to identify the problem and fix all the sql scripts found in the package

debian/mysql/*

In order to have something working with mysql-5.7

If I remember correctly The solution was proposed on the forum, But I did not found the time to work on this...

> Initially we were building our packages for Ubuntu 14.04 which seemed to only support zeromq version 4.0.4, which is why we had to modify the configure.ac<http://configure.ac> file. However for the Xenial distribution we set it to version 4.0.5.r
> Perhaps we can have a different branch for each Ubuntu distroseries.

I do not know how ppa works.
can you explain a bit,
Do you need to push a changelog and put a tag in order to generate a package ?

You is it more like a continuous system where a n automatic changelog is generated for each commit ?

I ask this in order to understand what is the best way to integrate the ubuntu packaging in your work.

Maybe we should inspire ourself from the myslq pacakging ?

Cheers

Frederic