[Debian-pan-maintainers] Packaging pytango 9.2.0

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Sat Sep 3 07:50:20 BST 2016

Hello

so it seems that pytango was released but no yet uploaded into pypi.
so to my opinion, let's upload it like it is into experimental.

I will take your package and do a gbp import-orig --pristine-tar in the debian-science repository.
Is it ok for you ?

for the itango package,  your speak about four executable

itango
itango-qt
itango3
itango3-qt

right ?

I personnaly do not like the man pages generated via sphinx (it contain all the html documentation), this is not man pages.
Maybe it is possible to have something more like help2man.
did you try it on all your executables.

in that case it would be nice to have a target in the rules file which use help2man in order to generate these man pages.

You should create an upstream but for this :)

Cheers

Fred