[Debian-pan-maintainers] Packaging pytango 9.2.0

Sandor Bodo-Merle sbodomerle at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 17:40:26 BST 2016

On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 8:50 AM, PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel <
frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr> wrote:

> I will take your package and do a gbp import-orig --pristine-tar in the
> debian-science repository.

Thx. for the upload.

> Is it ok for you ?

Yes - its ok with me. Or if you want a more granular packaging history, you
can merge the 'debian' and 'upstream' branches from
https://github.com/sbodomerle/pytango.git

> for the itango package,  your speak about four executable

I personnaly do not like the man pages generated via sphinx (it contain all
> the html documentation), this is not man pages.

For the itango case the generated man pages are in acceptable shape.
Altough im biased now toward python developers now :)
You may look on mentors for the current state - i use symlinks for the qt
version of man pages.

> Maybe it is possible to have something more like help2man.
> did you try it on all your executables.

Ok - i'll give a try and compare the results with the sphinx version.

But to proceed forward - i guess that having itango asap in experimental
would be fine (with or without proper man pages). No man pages would be no
regression from the current state - the actual pytango packages lacks them
also afaik.
My aim here is not to miss the deadline to have tango9 in stretch.

The next step would be to add a depends: itango field to python-pytango and
a recommends: itango to python-tango.

Sandor

PS - i filed an ITP: