[Debian-pan-maintainers] Napari

Neil Williams neil at freexian.com
Wed Mar 23 08:59:38 GMT 2022

On Tue, 22 Mar 2022 at 12:51, Emmanuel FARHI
<emmanuel.farhi at synchrotron-soleil.fr> wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> That's good to look into Napari, which I understand represents quite an involvement.
>
> Before you start this process, which will come in time, I suggest you first look into:
>
> looktxt which is probably simple to package. Build is done with 'export NEXUS_NAPI="-I/usr/include/nexus -DUSE_NEXUS -lNeXus" ; make' and requires the 'libnexus-dev' package.

It confused me initially that
https://salsa.debian.org/farhi-guest/looktxt/-/blob/master/Makefile
does not match https://github.com/farhi/looktxt/blob/master/Makefile -
the NEXUS_NAPI support is missing, so the compiled binary does not
make
use of libnexus.

Could you arrange a new git tag for looktxt in GitHub to include the
changes from 7th May 2020 please? The v1.4 git tag is from 25th April
2020 at 299b7d0 but master is 9 commits ahead at 3d8f583 from Feb
2022.

I'll move the packaging in Salsa to the science-team and update it.

I'll file the ITP bug in the meantime.

> cif2hkl can also be considered, however it is part of 'mccode' which is already in the pipe (by Roland Mas). Build is simple, so if you estimate it can be packaed as an independent software, go for it. Will then be removed from the mccode deb.
> reconsider the status of 'aprpes','mpes', and 'bokeh' and even perhaps 'orange/quasar' now that many dependency packages have been pushed on our side. Perhaps what seemed too much an effort a year ago now looks within reach.

I'll have a look at those too.