[Debian-pan-maintainers] Tofu licence problem

Neil Williams neil at freexian.com
Thu Apr 7 13:14:59 BST 2022

On Thu, 7 Apr 2022 at 09:46, Neil Williams <neil at freexian.com> wrote:

> I've filed an issue in GitHub for Tofu as the software is currently
> unlicensed. Without any license at all, the software cannot be
> modified or distributed, it is effectively proprietary (and could not
> even go into non-free without permission from upstream).
>
> https://github.com/ufo-kit/tofu/issues/116
>
> Once there is an answer from upstream, Tofu can be looked at again.
>
> Tofu looks like it needs https://github.com/klauer/qtpynodeeditor to
> also be packaged.

There is some confusion here - is the link in the README.md correct?

If I do pip install tofu, it pulls in a different package from
https://github.com/ToFuProject/tofu

When I try to build ufo-kit/tofu, I get errors that a UFO namespace is
missing in GObject which needs the ufo-core C++ package to be
installed.

Which ToFu is required?