[Debian-pan-maintainers] SOLEIL debian packaging status:orange-spectroscopy OK

Roland Mas roland.mas at gnurandal.com
Tue Aug 15 16:05:21 BST 2023

Le 11/08/2023 à 17:44, Emmanuel FARHI a écrit :

> An update on orange-spectroscopy on a fresh bookworm.
>
> All seems fine, the 'orange-canvas' commands indeed brings the
> interface right.

Great :-)

> However a launcher named 'orange-canvas' which may clash with other
> variants of orange (e.g. tomwer or oasys).

I'm still not sure how the "variants" of orange actually work. So far
I've only packaged the spectroscopy plugin, but nothing specifically
quasar. Even the Quasar website is kind of blurry as to whether Quasar
is more than just Orange+a set of plugins. I'm looking into it. If
there's nothing specific, maybe the way forward would simply be to
create a quasar metapackage that would depend on orange3 + the
spectroscopy plugin?

[some time passes]

Actually, installing quasar via pip results in a very very thin layer of
quasar-ness on top of orange: 204 lines of Python, essentially a new
splash screen, a new app name and an update checker. Running quasar and
orange3 (as installed from pip) seems quite identical apart from the
window title bars.

> Perhaps orange-spectroscopy or orange-quasar would be better.
>
> A desktop launcher for this command would also be good.

I just added the launcher and icons for orange3 in version 3.35.0+ds1-4.

Roland.