Package syrthes - Request for reviewing

Gilles Filippini gilles.filippini at free.fr
Tue Sep 15 14:39:35 UTC 2009

Hi,

Sylvestre Ledru a écrit :
> * it is normal to have duplicated files ? [2]
> * there are plenty of data files in /usr/lib
> * /usr/lib/syrthes/3.4.2/example/ will probably be more interesting
> in /usr/share/doc/<package>/

I moved the example dir into /usr/share/doc/<package>/ and made a
tarball with its content: cylinder.tar.gz

While the tarball contains some very same files as
/usr/lib/syrthes/3.4.2/usr/ (*.F files) I'd prefer to keep it this way
to keep the example consistent.

Concerning the data files in /usr/lib, I've thought about moving them to
/usr/share but I'm not sure whether it is worth the effort. I've had a
look at the sun-java6-bin package and concluded it was fine to keep
these files in /usr/lib. Please tell me otherwise.

> * the manpages don't explain the arguments syrthes2ensight &
> syrthes_create_case

Done.

> * In the README.source, you said that you removed the doc directory from
> the tarball.
> Could you add a script which can do it automatically ? (a basic script script will be enough See [3])

Done.

> * I added watch file with the download capabilities with uscan (note that removal script can be plugged straight on it)

Done.

> * Since control is generated from control.in, you should remove it from the git in order to have confusions.

Done. I've had to tweak debian/rules to keep it happy during the clean
stage.

Thanks,

_Gilles.