binNMUs for switch in MPI implementations (mpi-defaults)

Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt he at ftwca.de
Fri Mar 5 13:44:20 UTC 2010

Manuel Prinz <manuel at debian.org> writes:
>> If you could file a bug against release.debian.org to track the
>> transition [reportbug release.debian.org can guide you through the
>> process], detailing which packages would be affected and what packages
>> would need source changes, this would help a bit and ensure that we
>> don't forget this transition.
> I will do so. Is this the best way to get in touch with the release team
> with respect to binNMUs/transitions? I was not aware of that, so sorry
> if contacting d-r directly was suboptimal.

There are some guidelines on
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2009/09/msg00005.html

While sending mail to d-r is not really discouraged, filing a bugs makes
it easier for everyone to track the status of the issue.

Marc
--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
58: Shareware installieren