Proposal: Debian Science mailing lists

Manjusha Joshi manjusha.joshi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 12:33:38 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Brett Viren <bv at bnl.gov> wrote:

> Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre at debian.org> writes:
>
> > == Proposal ==
> >
> > I would like to propose the following:
> > * move all packaging related discussions to
> > debian-science-maintainers at lists.alioth.debian.org
> > * use debian-science at lists.debian.org only for user oriented discussions
> > * make sure that all the commit mails are sent on
> > debian-science-maintainers-commits at lists.alioth.debian.org
> >
> > Any comments / opinions ?
>
> FWIW, your proposal is more in line with what I thought debian-science
> was about when I joined.  I haven't, personally, minded seeing packaging
> related discussions go by but I do think the two types of discussions
> would benefit from having their own venues.

+1
Benefit is we also get updates about packages and that is really  useful for
us.
As Linux user cannot remain only user, need to do system admin level work
also for scientific packages.
Second thing is,  after making 2 separate list will there be increase in the
user level queries? At present there are hardly user related queries.

--
Manjusha S. Joshi
http://fossme.bprim.org