problem with cctbx

PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Sun Aug 5 13:56:20 UTC 2012

> I didn't test it yet I just wrote it after reading the docs[1].
> I'm not really sure if this is a new version. As I understand it upstream is
> putting all tar's in one directory and the most recent are nightly builds. But
> it's the best I can do right now.

Yes now the last vesion is the 5th August, there is no way to differenciate a nightly build from a release one.
We should ask the upstream author if the .self file should be named differently. already added to the wiki

I just try you brand new watch file :), here  the error message

picca at mordor:~/Debian/sponsor/cctbx$ uscan
cctbx: Newer version (2012.08.05.0005) available on remote site:
  http://cci.lbl.gov/cctbx_build/results/2012_08_05_0005/cctbx_bundle.tar.gz
  (local version is 2012.05.08.2305)
cctbx: Successfully downloaded updated package 2012_08_05_0005.tar.gz
    and symlinked cctbx_2012.08.05.0005.orig.tar.gz to it

Repackaging ../cctbx_2012.08.05.0005.orig.tar.gz

/usr/local/bin/repack.sh: 2: /home/picca/Debian/sponsor/cctbx/cctbx/debian/repack.local: shopt: not found

> I did some work on cctbx this weekend. I managed to remove ccp4io in favor of
> libgpp4 and mmdb and I removed cbflib. cbflib_adaptbx is only working when I
> compile _pycbf.so and copy pycbf.py from debian's libcbf. This can only work
> when the cbflib maintainer manages to solve the bug to build python-pycbf.

Still no answer from him ?

> So as I see it the only thing left is libann which is not possible to remove.
> I guess the best we can do is build and link it statically. Size of
> annlib_ext.so is 284K. Keeping annlib sources takes 1,3M space.

> I also did some work on multiarch. I hope I did it right. I didn't try the dev
> package yet.

I will try to build the package and gives you some feedback.

just one remark, you still install the .la and the .a files.
It would be better to remove thoses files [1] and do not distribute them.
If the build system could avoid building also the static library except the required one it would be great :)

Cheers

Fred

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/LAFileRemoval