problem with cctbx

Radostan Riedel raybuntu at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 5 14:48:08 UTC 2012

On Sun, 05. Aug 14:35, Frédéric-Emmanuel Picca wrote:
> Yes sorry after double checking I found only .a files. It is a wast of space to install the .a files.
> Peoples need to follow the good practice and use shared library instead of static one.
> It is a lot better for security but also for maintainability of your system.
> You just need to fix the shared library once and all your softwares using this library are "magically"
> fixed :).
>
> so no need to give people a gun to shoot themselves in their feet ;)
OK I'll update the *-dev.install to not install *.a files then.

> Ok I red the wiki but it was not clear to me what was this self_include :)
>
> so you mean that libann should provide two variant of the same library depending on this constant ?
> It would be better for the libann upstream to provide a clean API to switch at runtime from one version
> to the other.
> Can you fill a bug against libann explaining what is your problem with the current version of the libann library.
> What would be interesting for you and link to this bugreport in the wiki.
I need to study libann first. I don't know if this is even possible to realize.
I mean yes you could do it like cctbx: Just autogenerate the code from the
existing to use a different namespace with that constant changed and have twice
as much symbols but I don't know if thats elegant.