Desire to maintain package brlcad

Anton Gladky gladk at debian.org
Sun Apr 7 11:55:20 UTC 2013

On 04/07/2013 01:06 PM, Tom Browder wrote:
> Note that the BRL-CAD team is fully supportive of Debian and they have
> agreed to have a debian tree in the source tree so I may just work
> there until we have something ready for critique.  Will that be
> satisfactory?

That is very good, that upstream is ready to cooperate with Debian. It
is always easier to work with a responsive upstream: apply patches
directly in source code, colaborate on some license questions etc.

But as Sylvestre has already said, please, keep debian-directory
separately from upstream code. In most of cases we need to remove it and
repack the tarball.

Thanks,

Anton