How important is libgdome2-cpp-smart0c2a / gmetadom?

Hendrik Tews tews at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Wed May 22 12:55:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

I try to figure out the importance of gmetadom, because the
upstream development of gmetadom has stopped a long time ago [1].

On the one hand, there is a dependency chain abiword ->
abiword-plugin-mathview -> libgtkmathview0c2a ->
libgdome2-cpp-smart0c2a which indicates that a typical abiword
installation depends on gmetadom. On the other hand, the
GTKMathView home page [2] states that the GMetaDOM frontend is
optional. As there are other xml frontends, I am speculating
whether the GMetaDOM dependency could just be dropped from
GTKMathView.

Does GMetaDOM provide any features (if only backward
compatibility) to GTKMathView that the other frontends are
lacking?

Bye,

Hendrik

[1] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=AANLkTimExR9HVjdn%3DE8WVJi7CHAVbGYftGWW%2BoYe2nbM%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=gmetadom-ocamldev