Comments from ftpmaster regarding spdep Debian package

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Jul 31 10:04:01 UTC 2014

Hi Roger,

I'm very astonished that this thread which started with two very simple
questions exagerated to such a time consuming discussion.  Since I read
a lot of frustration in you mail and no chance to clarify things easily
I just repeat the main point: inst/README says:

 File: src/soigraph.c is copyright (c) 2001 by Nicholas Lewin-Koh and
 is subject to the licence at the foot of this file, but also contains
 subroutines TwoCirclesxx and SubVec, which are adapted for R and Double
 precision coordinates by Nicholas Lewin-Koh, from Computational Geometry
 in C, Joseph O.Rourke, Cambridge University Press (1998). Copyright for
 those subroutines remains his.

Can you please confirm that the license is really GPLv2+?

  [ ] yes
  [ ] no

Sorry for the obviously failed attempt to explain what we would like to
know from you.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--