Comments from ftpmaster regarding spdep Debian package

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Jul 31 19:47:04 UTC 2014

Hi Roger,

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 06:42:06PM +0200, Roger Bivand wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Given surveillance rather than my (wrong) guess, I'm willing to do
> what I can - I agree that actual use in epidemiology is worth
> facilitating. Should the soigraph issue prove problematic, I'll look
> at a work-around.

I'll wait for ftpmaster's response and let you know:

> What is the r-cran-maptools issue - I'm also the maintainer of that
> package? I'm not aware of what might be non-free there; maybe the
> data files for examples and testing? Nobody has asked me about that.

To explain this I need to come back to the debian/copyright file.  Here
is the debian/copyright file

   http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-science/packages/R/r-cran-maptools/trunk/debian/copyright?view=diff&r1=45900&r2=46749&diff_format=h

The files on the right side under the tag "Files-Excluded" do not have
any licensing information.  I have asked years ago (Spring 2009) but did
not got any answer.  For me (and the users of surveillance the removal
of these files is perfectly OK.  So in principle I see no stromg reason
to keep the files if it creates a lot of work for you.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de