Trilinos packages

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 11:15:49 UTC 2014

A quick poll on the Trilinos package naming:
Right now, we have "libtrilinos", which triggers a
package-name-doesnt-match-sonames warning since none of the Trilinos
libraries is called libtrilinos.* (rather libepetra.*, libbelos.*,
...). This is similar to the libboost package which doesn't contain a
library by the name libboost.* either.
On the other hand, a software very similar to Trilinos, PETSc, goes by
the Debian name "petsc".
What would you prefer for a package name: libtrilinos or trilinos
(with its -dev, -doc, -dbg variants, respectively)?

Cheers,
Nico