Trilinos packages

Felix Salfelder felix at salfelder.org
Wed Mar 26 16:03:34 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 10:22:23AM +0100, Nico Schlömer wrote:
> I would suggest to first go with a monolithic
> package and split it up at a later point.

yes. the old trilinos debian source package had a libname.patch and a
soname.patch, these fix the names for a monolithic package. i suggest to
import these (or just rebase your work on top of that).

also, theres a note on renaming in README.Debian. and a changelog that
would be nice to have.

README.Debian
[..]
Debian Trilinos libraries renaming
==================================

Following a discussion with ftpmaster, the Trilinos libraries have
been renamed to be less generic. They all use the same prefix now :
libtrilinos_ . That should also help tremendously with
 - avoiding conflicts with other libraries/packages
 - identifying available trilinos libraries
[..]

> In the course of packaging Trilinos for Debian, I have identified
> quite a number of bugs in Trilinos for which I maintain a little zoo
> of patches, https://github.com/nschloe/trilinos-ubuntu/tree/master/patches.
> Some of those have already made it upstream, and we'll have to see if
> we can get in more of those before the next release freeze.

ideally those patches should be included in your package at alioth
(whether or not they have been accepted upstream). is there a specific
reason to maintain a second and different repository for ubuntu?

regards
felix