libQGLViewer and Qt5

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Thu May 7 07:03:01 UTC 2015

El Dimecres, 6 de maig de 2015, a les 19:54:45, Anton Gladky va escriure:
> Dear all,
>
> what do you think, will it be possible for you to migrate
> packages octovis and utopia-documents within the next
> few weeks into Qt5, so we will then be able to escape keeping
> libqglviewer built against qt4, but only against Qt5?
> In this case we will not need to create the suffix -qt5 for
> the library like libqglviewer-qt5.so.

Anton,

I have been checking your propose with octomap. It doesn't compile and
represents to patch a lot because all the scripts, especially cmake, find qt4,
and expects libqglviewer build against qt4. Also, I have seen that it's ready
to find libqglviewer-qt4, instead of libqglviewer.

So, octovis (octomap source) needs qglviewer compiled against qt4.

Another thing is that upstream release another version that could be build
against qt5. I have made an issue to see what does upstream think about it
[1].

I'm afraid that I'm not able to patch octovis in the next weeks to use _only_
qt5, so, if it's not too much work, for at least the next months, I would ask
you that provide both versions. But, I have the opinion that we should drop
the qt4 support in qglviewer for Stretch.

Thanks for all,

Leopold

[1] https://github.com/OctoMap/octomap/issues/81

> Thanks for opinions
>
> Anton

> <frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr>:
> >> Yes, it will be renamed. In those build only Qt5 was tested
> >> without renaming.
> >
> > one of the revers dependencies of qglviwer force us to keep the qt4
> > version ?
> >
> > $ apt-cache rdepends libqglviewer2
> > libqglviewer2
> >
> > Reverse Depends:
> >   python-yade
> >   libyade
> >   utopia-documents
> >   octovis
> >   liboctovis1.6
> >   libqglviewer-dev
> >   science-viewing
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Frederic

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia