polyml 5.5.2-4

Gianfranco Costamagna costamagnagianfranco at yahoo.it
Mon Jan 25 10:04:31 UTC 2016

Hi,

>That’s my guess. The test suite wasn’t run before I took over (I feared I had stopped it running when I changed debian/rules to modern debhelper) either, so who >knows how long it’s been there.

I don't find running testsuites there
https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=polyml&arch=armel
>It’s armhf, though you can use an armel pbuilder on top of that, no? The armel buildd used has Machine Architecture: armhf.

I don't know... is it faster than a qemu virtual environment? I'm not sure about it, probably yes, but I never did tests

>Thanks to your pbuilderrc fix I’m running a build myself, although it’s going to take a while...

(note I used apt experimental resolver, but it should work with plain apt, or apt-classic too)

>1/3 can’t be represented exactly, so when rounding to +Inf, you get a little bit more than 1/3. 3 can be represented exactly, so 3 * 1/3 is a little more than 1, >and since the rounding mode is set to +Inf it should therefore round to a little over 1. I’m pretty sure the test is correct; certainly it works on every other >supported platform.

ok

>> override_dh_auto_test:
>> dh_auto_test || do something in case of failure, e.g. loop and print tests || exit 1>
>
>I’m not sure what you mean?

the || means "exec the next command if the first doesn't exit successfully"

override_dh_auto_foo
    dh_auto_foo
is usually a no-op, but if you append a || another command

it means:
execute dh_auto_foo, if it returns !=0 then execute "another command", that might be the call you asked me to do before

since the second command might be successful, but the testsuite wasn't, to avoid hiding testfailures, it is nice to append

&& exit 1 (not || this time, it was a typo from my side), this should mean
do the testsuite

if it fails, try to print something verbose on buildd machine logs, so we can see what happened, but in this case exit the build with a failure
value

look e.g. here
https://sources.debian.net/src/insighttoolkit4/4.8.2-3.1/debian/rules/

cheers,