polyml 5.5.2-4

James Clarke jrtc27 at jrtc27.com
Mon Jan 25 10:13:38 UTC 2016

Hi Gianfranco,

>> That’s my guess. The test suite wasn’t run before I took over (I feared I had stopped it running when I changed debian/rules to modern debhelper) either, so who knows how long it’s been there.
>
> I don't find running testsuites there
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=polyml&arch=armel

Yeah that’s what I was saying; there are no runs for any previous versions.

>> It’s armhf, though you can use an armel pbuilder on top of that, no? The armel buildd used has Machine Architecture: armhf.
>
> I don't know... is it faster than a qemu virtual environment? I'm not sure about it, probably yes, but I never did tests

Probably not given the lack of power on a pi.

>>> override_dh_auto_test:
>>> dh_auto_test || do something in case of failure, e.g. loop and print tests || exit 1>
>>
>> I’m not sure what you mean?
>
> the || means "exec the next command if the first doesn't exit successfully"
>
> override_dh_auto_foo
>    dh_auto_foo
> is usually a no-op, but if you append a || another command
>
> it means:
> execute dh_auto_foo, if it returns !=0 then execute "another command", that might be the call you asked me to do before
>
> since the second command might be successful, but the testsuite wasn't, to avoid hiding testfailures, it is nice to append
>
> && exit 1 (not || this time, it was a typo from my side), this should mean
> do the test suite
>
> if it fails, try to print something verbose on buildd machine logs, so we can see what happened, but in this case exit the build with a failure
> value
>
> look e.g. here
> https://sources.debian.net/src/insighttoolkit4/4.8.2-3.1/debian/rules/

I’m aware of the sh syntax; the trouble is, the test suite doesn’t log anything to a file like that example, so I would have to re-run the failed tests manually, or mess with the testing code itself.

Have you had a look at my other email which includes a short test program?

Regards,
James