Could Debian Perl team take over PDL? (Was: Fwd: PDL package update request (who is appropriate POC?))

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon May 30 10:02:32 UTC 2016

Hi Perl team,

I've got a request from PDL upstream who fully correctly noticed that
PDL is not properly maintained inside Debian.  Since I once did some
ad-hoc fixes Upstream CCed me whether I could do something as Debian
Science team member.  I had a look and updated Git[1] a bit but I
noticed that it is way better if some Perl programmer could have a look.
I admit that the patches are more than the small time cycles I would be
able to spent into this would permit me to do.

I'd be really happy if Debian Perl team could take over maintenance
of this package.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/pdl.git