What is going on with gtkdatabox?

peter green plugwash at p10link.net
Thu Nov 24 02:49:56 UTC 2016

As a derivative maintainer I noticed that there appears to be a
gtkdatabox transition going on. Looking at the list archives for
debian-release I see no mention of it on there.

Specifically it seems that the libgtkdatabox source package has renamed
every binary package it generates.

libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0 -> libgtkdatabox-0.9.3-0
libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0-glade -> libgtkdatabox-0.9.3-0-glade
libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0-libglade -> libgtkdatabox-0.9.3-0-libglade
libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0-dev -> libgtkdatabox-dev
libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0-doc -> libgtkdatabox-doc

I see at least the following reverse depdencies that will need sourceful
changes.

brp-pacu: has a build-dependency on libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0-dev |
libgtkdatabox-dev . Unfortunately buildds only look at the first option
and even if they did they have no way of telling if a package is cruft
or not.
gtkdataboxmm: build-depends on libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0-dev explicitly
xoscope: build-depends on libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0-dev explicitly

I have filed bug reports for gtkdataboxmm and xoscope, for which I have
received no matainer response. I have not yet filed one for brp-pacu.

I have no idea if changes beyond build-depedency changes are needed.