What is going on with gtkdatabox?

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Thu Nov 24 07:24:08 UTC 2016

Hi Peter,

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 02:49:56AM +0000, peter green wrote:
> As a derivative maintainer I noticed that there appears to be a gtkdatabox
> transition going on. Looking at the list archives for debian-release I see
> no mention of it on there.

That might have been a race condition since the package was uploaded
long before transition freeze and was hanging some time in the new
queue.

> Specifically it seems that the libgtkdatabox source package has renamed
> every binary package it generates.
>
> libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0 -> libgtkdatabox-0.9.3-0
> libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0-glade -> libgtkdatabox-0.9.3-0-glade
> libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0-libglade -> libgtkdatabox-0.9.3-0-libglade
> libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0-dev -> libgtkdatabox-dev
> libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0-doc -> libgtkdatabox-doc
>
> I see at least the following reverse depdencies that will need sourceful
> changes.
>
> brp-pacu: has a build-dependency on libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0-dev |
> libgtkdatabox-dev . Unfortunately buildds only look at the first option and
> even if they did they have no way of telling if a package is cruft or not.
> gtkdataboxmm: build-depends on libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0-dev explicitly
> xoscope: build-depends on libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0-dev explicitly

I admit that I missed brp-pacu as dependency.  The migration to
libgtkdatabox-0.9.3 was explicitly requested for xoscope

> I have filed bug reports for gtkdataboxmm and xoscope, for which I have
> received no matainer response. I have not yet filed one for brp-pacu.

I'll checkout gtkdataboxmm myself since I was once sponsering this - no
idea whether Daniele remains active on this package.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de