robot_state_publisher in package ros-robot

Johannes Schauer josch at debian.org
Fri Oct 14 16:22:02 UTC 2016

Hi,

the package description of ros-robot states:

 | Different to upstream, this packages does not provide:
 | control_msgs, diagnostics, executive_smach, filters, robot_state_publisher,
 | xacro.
 | Please install them from source, if you need them.

My question: why is robot_state_publisher not provided by the package? Is there
a reason not to? It is not explained in README.Debian. Or is this just
something that is simply "not-done-yet". I need the robot_state_publisher for a
project so I would be willing to provide a patch if this just needs somebody to
do the work.

Thanks!

cheers, josch