robot_state_publisher in package ros-robot

Jochen Sprickerhof jspricke at debian.org
Fri Oct 14 16:33:21 UTC 2016

Hi Josch,

* Johannes Schauer <josch at debian.org> [2016-10-14 18:22]:
> My question: why is robot_state_publisher not provided by the package? Is there
> a reason not to? It is not explained in README.Debian. Or is this just
> something that is simply "not-done-yet". I need the robot_state_publisher for a
> project so I would be willing to provide a patch if this just needs somebody to
> do the work.

It's not done yet ;). You can find an initial version here:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-science/packages/ros/ros-robot-state-publisher.git

Would be great if you could finish it. As far as I can see it needs an
ITP and a copyright file.

Btw. If you want to work on more ROS packages, the current state is
listed here:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/Robotics/ROS/Packages

Cheers Jochen