debian-science_1.6_amd64.changes REJECTED

Ole Streicher olebole at debian.org
Tue Jan 24 16:30:12 UTC 2017

Hi Andreas,

On 24.01.2017 17:20, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Ole, I turned the depends into a suggests.  I think this is due to a
> pending debian-astro upload.  Once this is done please revert the
> change.

This is just a typo: a "-" is missing between virtual and observatory.

https://packages.debian.org/unstable/astro-virtual-observatory

> I admit I'd prefer if you would not hardcode this task but
> rather would use the established mechanism to verify the existence of
> packages before adding the strict dependency.  Do you have any good
> reason to derive from this?

They are hardcoded because I want to phase out the astronomy and
astronomy-dev tasks in debian-science in favour of the Debian Astro Pure
Blend. Existing users shall be redirected to the new tasks, but the old
ones shall be marked as such. This needs to have them in "oldlibs", and
with hard dependencies to the new tasks. Once Stretch is out, they
should just be removed.

Best regards

Ole