Spyder Package Details In Need of Update

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Sat Aug 4 08:06:32 BST 2018

> Hello Mr. Vaillant and Debian/Ubuntu maintainers,

Hello

> My name is C.A.M. Gerlach<https://github.com/CAM-Gerlach>, a member of the Spyder IDE<https://www.spyder-ide.org/> core dev team, and as part of the broader effort in spyder-ide/spyder-docs#39<https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder-docs/issues/39> I've been updating our project links (as our main and docs site have both changed to a new, modern version recently) and description around the web. As part of that, I've updated our ``setup.py`` information and details on PyPI and conda-forge, and I've been contacting maintainers of downstream packages to help accomplish the same.

thanks for taking care of your packages maintainers.

[...]

> If its more convenient for you for packaging purposes, Spyder 3.3.1 (fixing a number of important bugs and UX issues with 3.3.0 and earlier versions) should be released in the next few days, so that would be a great opportunity to implement the aforementioned changes.

I already prepared the spyder-kernels whcih is a new dependency of spyder. I was already accepted[1] into Debian.

It would be nice if we could have a short and long description for this package.

another point is that  the current spyder-kernel package do not contain an expected spydata files or something like thaht whcih means, I had to nactivate the unit test.
It would be great to not forget about this file for the next release :).

Once released, I will update the spyder package with your description.

thanks again for your consideration.

Frederic

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/spyder-kernels