Maintaining a package (JASP)

joris at jorisgoosen.nl joris at jorisgoosen.nl
Mon Feb 12 10:49:44 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I am a member of the core team of JASP, we develop a GPL'd statistics
program that aims to replace SPSS while adding bayesian statics to the mix.
We would like to make this as widely available as possible and therefore
would like to contribute it to the debian repositories.

To this end I have entered an intent-to-package in the wnpp (
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=887598) and tried to make
the software adhere to the standards set by debian-policy.

To actually get it into the repositories we would need to have a sponsor is
what i've understood. Maybe there is someone in the debian-science team
that would be willing to assist somewhat in that field?

Best regards,
Joris Goosen