Maintaining a package (JASP)

Boris Pek tehnick at debian.org
Mon Feb 12 12:46:38 UTC 2018

Hi Joris,

> I am a member of the core team of JASP, we develop a GPL'd statistics
> program that aims to replace SPSS while adding bayesian statics to the mix.
> We would like to make this as widely available as possible and therefore
> would like to contribute it to the debian repositories.
>
> To this end I have entered an intent-to-package in the wnpp
> (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=887598) and tried to
> make the software adhere to the standards set by debian-policy.
>
> To actually get it into the repositories we would need to have a sponsor
> is what i've understood. Maybe there is someone in the debian-science team
> that would be willing to assist somewhat in that field?

Use mailing list [1] for discussions with team members. Some info about
joining to Debian Science team you may find at [2]. Also have in mind that
git repositories for our packages were recently moved from Alioth [3][4] to
Salsa [5], and I am not sure that our documentation have been updated...

[1] <debian-science at lists.debian.org>
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience#How_to_join
[3] https://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-science/
[4] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-science/