Please drop dh-make boilerplate from your d/rules file (SoB sponsering of ignition-math2)

Jose Luis Rivero jrivero at openrobotics.org
Fri Jan 12 15:48:26 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 10:35 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas at an3as.eu> wrote:

> Hi Jose,
>
> thanks for working on ignition-math2.
>
> It is more convenient if you open an RFS bug (if you did its missing on
> the SoB page[1]) to enable discussion.  So I move it here to the
> maintainers list.

Oh, forgot it, sorry.

> Your package is also featuring the "most hated"
> boilerplate in debian/rules file and so I decided to start my fight
> against it and added a condition 5 which needs to be fullfilled if you
> want me to sponsor your package. ;-)

hehe, removed.

> As an additional note:  I started using debhelper 10 and I'm now
> switching to debhelper 11 since its available in testing.  If you have
> good reasons to stick to compat level 9 that is fine for me but may be
> you just did not realised the potential compat level bump.

I don't have any good reason not to use the latest debhelper available,
change to level 11.

Our usual buildfarm says seems to be happy with the current build, no
lintian warns or errors, autopkg happy:
https://build.osrfoundation.org/view/All/job/ignition-math2-pkg_builder-master-debian_sid-amd64/61/

Any other improvement proposal is very welcome Andreas.
Thanks!