Please drop dh-make boilerplate from your d/rules file (SoB sponsering of ignition-math2)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Jan 12 23:54:48 UTC 2018

Hi Jose,

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 04:48:26PM +0100, Jose Luis Rivero wrote:
> > It is more convenient if you open an RFS bug (if you did its missing on
> > the SoB page[1]) to enable discussion.  So I move it here to the
> > maintainers list.
>
> Oh, forgot it, sorry.

No problem - just remember it next time. ;-)

> > Your package is also featuring the "most hated"
> > boilerplate in debian/rules file and so I decided to start my fight
> > against it and added a condition 5 which needs to be fullfilled if you
> > want me to sponsor your package. ;-)
>
> hehe, removed.

Its good that I had this idea to add it to the Wiki today. :-P

> > As an additional note:  I started using debhelper 10 and I'm now
> > switching to debhelper 11 since its available in testing.  If you have
> > good reasons to stick to compat level 9 that is fine for me but may be
> > you just did not realised the potential compat level bump.
> >

> I don't have any good reason not to use the latest debhelper available,
> change to level 11.

I added this to the changelog and also removed --parallel from d/rules
since from compat level debhelper 10 this is default.

> Our usual buildfarm says seems to be happy with the current build, no
> lintian warns or errors, autopkg happy:
> https://build.osrfoundation.org/view/All/job/ignition-math2-pkg_builder-master-debian_sid-amd64/61/
>
> Any other improvement proposal is very welcome Andreas.

I also removed the -dbg package which is autogenerated and needs no
manual declaration.

Just commited (please make sure you also get the new tag which I changed
in remote repository).

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--