ros-ros-comm/1.14.2+ds1-2 appears to break ros-robot-state-publisher/1.13.6-3 autopktest: package 'rosbag_storage' not found

Paul Gevers elbrus at debian.org
Thu Jul 12 21:33:29 BST 2018

Dear all,

On 08-07-18 19:35, Paul Gevers wrote:
> With a recent upload of ros-ros-comm the autopkgtest of
> ros-robot-state-publisher started to fail in unstable and testing. I
> have copied the error below.
>
> Currently this regression is delaying the migration of ros-ros-comm to
> testing by 10 days. Could you please investigate the situation?

There was an upload of ros-robot-state-publisher that seems to improve
the situation a bit, but it fails its own test (see error below).

If this fix (and the final fix) is the right solution in the
ros-ros-comm situation, please be advised that a versioned Breaks in
ros-ros-comm may be appropriate (albeit due to an autopkgtest not
enough, but I'll fix the situation manually if the Breaks is added).

Paul

https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/testing/amd64/r/ros-robot-state-publisher/596769/log.gz

autopkgtest [15:14:09]: test compilation: [-----------------------
+ cd /tmp/autopkgtest-lxc.2lvhz_xg/downtmp/autopkgtest_tmp
+ cat
+ cat
+ mkdir build
+ cmake -H. -Bbuild
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- Using CATKIN_DEVEL_PREFIX:
/tmp/autopkgtest-lxc.2lvhz_xg/downtmp/autopkgtest_tmp/build/devel
-- Using CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH:
-- Found PythonInterp: /usr/bin/python (found version "2.7.15")

-- Using PYTHON_EXECUTABLE: /usr/bin/python
-- Using Debian Python package layout
-- Using empy: /usr/bin/empy
-- Using CATKIN_ENABLE_TESTING: ON
-- Call enable_testing()
-- Using CATKIN_TEST_RESULTS_DIR:
/tmp/autopkgtest-lxc.2lvhz_xg/downtmp/autopkgtest_tmp/build/test_results
-- Found gtest: gtests will be built
-- nosetests not found, Python tests can not be run (try installing
package 'python-nose')
-- catkin 0.7.14
CMake Error at
/usr/share/robot_state_publisher/cmake/robot_state_publisherConfig.cmake:143
(message):
  Project 'Project' tried to find library 'orocos-kdl'.  The library is
  neither a target nor built/installed properly.  Did you compile project
  'robot_state_publisher'? Did you find_package() it before the subdirectory
  containing its code is included?
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/catkin/cmake/catkinConfig.cmake:76 (find_package)
  CMakeLists.txt:2 (find_package)

See also
"/tmp/autopkgtest-lxc.2lvhz_xg/downtmp/autopkgtest_tmp/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also
"/tmp/autopkgtest-lxc.2lvhz_xg/downtmp/autopkgtest_tmp/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
autopkgtest [15:14:11]: test compilation: -----------------------]