Freecad is looking for new maintainers

Sebastian Kuzminsky seb at highlab.com
Fri May 25 20:06:47 BST 2018

On 05/25/2018 12:38 PM, Filippo Rusconi wrote:
> Then I'll certainly be happy to contribute. I'll start by running
> dpkg-buildpackage on my own and understand the rules file.

FreeCAD currently Fails To Build From Source.

I tested 0.16.6712+dfsg1-2, which is the current version in Sid.  I
tried to build the master branch on salsa, in a Sid pbuilder chroot.
The error I get is:

>  libopencv-imgcodecs3.2 : Depends: gdal-abi-2-2-3 which is a virtual package and is not provided by any available package

I see that gdal has moved ahead to 2.3 in Sid, I'm guessing this means
opencv needs to be rebuilt (potentially with API changes...).

Is that diagnosis correct?

Should I open a bug with opencv for this?

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky