Freecad is looking for new maintainers

Yorik van Havre yorik.vanhavre at gmail.com
Fri May 25 20:26:38 BST 2018

Hi everybody,

All of us at FreeCAD have high interest in having FreeCAD
well supported in Debian, count on us to help where we can.
And thanks once more to everybody who took and takes
care of our baby there!

As for the transition to Qt5, it is basically done on the FreeCAD
side, the only missing piece is PySide2, the Qt5 port of
PySide, which must be available in Debian to build FreeCAD
with Qt5.

Our Google Summer of Code student of this year, Kurt
Kremitzki, is planning to submit a PySide2 package to Debian
as part of his GSOC plan. So this matter could move forward
pretty soon, hopefully.

Cheers
Yorik

--