ROS tf2 package

Guennadi Liakhovetski g.liakhovetski at gmx.de
Sun Nov 18 10:33:08 GMT 2018

Hi Jochen,

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018, Jochen Sprickerhof wrote:

> Hi Guennadi,
>
> thanks for your mail.
>
> * Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski at gmx.de> [2018-11-17 22:23]:
> > $ rosrun tf2_tools view_frames.py
> > [rospack] Error: package 'tf2_tools' not found
>
> This is a bogus error, tf2_tools will work just fine. I fixed it in git, so it
> will be gone with the next upload. Thanks for reporting.

Thanks for a lightning-fast fix! I'm not very familiar with the
(presumably) automated Debian package build system - how, where and when
would I be able to get that next upload? Would it appear available for
apt-get update? Or would I have to build it from your git tree myself?

> While this mailing list is fine, can you use reportbug for bug reporting next
> time?
>
> https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

Yes, I wasn't sure whether my report was legitimate or I just missed
installing some packages, but you'rre right, even in the latter case
creating a bug and having it quickly closed with a proper explanation
would have been a better option.

> It will add information about the package version and sources, which makes it
> easier to pinpoint the problem.

Yeah, this is sometimes a problem - you end up spending a lot of time
collecting all that information, whereas actually you understand, that the
relevant information, required for the developers to fix it is a small
subset thereof ;-)

> Also, it's often useful to provide longer
> logs, for example your command should print more output (I assume it does).

No, that was all - just one line.

Thanks
Guennadi