ROS tf2 package

Jochen Sprickerhof jspricke at debian.org
Sun Nov 25 20:58:00 GMT 2018

Hi Guennadi,

* Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski at gmx.de> [2018-11-24 11:23]:
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>rospkg.common.ResourceNotFound: tf2_ros

You are probably missing the libtf2-ros-dev package.
These dependencies are fixed in the new versions available in Debian
testing.

>ROS path [0]=/opt/ros/kinetic/share/ros
>ROS path [1]=/home/pi/ros/catkin_ws/install/share
>ROS path [2]=/opt/ros/kinetic/share

This sounds strange. /opt/ros/kinetic/ is only used in the Open Robotics
packages available on packages.ros.org, not in the packages provided in
Debian. I'm not sure about the outcome if you mix both package sources
and it could likely lead to errors as the one above. So I would
recommend to either use ROS packages in Debian or the packages provided
by Open Robotics.

Cheers Jochen