ROS tf2 package

Guennadi Liakhovetski g.liakhovetski at gmx.de
Sat Nov 24 10:23:49 GMT 2018

Hi Jochen,

Sorry, the week was pretty busy.

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018, Jochen Sprickerhof wrote:

> * Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski at gmx.de> [2018-11-18 11:58]:
> > Hm, for me after that error the command exits immediately, so it seems to
> > me it's failing. Unless it is supposed to exit because of some other
> > unsatisfied conditions? Maybe no tf2 sources currently available or
> > something else?
>
> The version you are using (0.5.13-5) is from Debian stretch and was released
> in 2016. I just installed it on armhf in a fresh chroot and after installing
> some dependencies I get this:
>
> $ rosrun tf2_tools view_frames.py
> [rospack] Error: package 'tf2_tools' not found
> find: '': No such file or directory
> the rosdep view is empty: call 'sudo rosdep init' and 'rosdep update'
> [INFO] [1542545659.123850]: Listening to tf data during 5 seconds...
> [INFO] [1542545664.138687]: Generating graph in frames.pdf file...
>
> Maybe the find doesn't work for you, can you try:
>
> $ rosrun --debug tf2_tools view_frames.py

This doesn't provide a whole lot more information:

[rosrun] Looking in catkin libexec dirs:
[rospack] Error: package 'tf2_tools' not found
[rosrun] Looking in rospack dir:

> Also, you can run it without rosrun using:
>
> $ /usr/lib/tf2_tools/view_frames.py

No success either:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/tf2_tools/view_frames.py", line 36, in <module>
    import tf2_ros
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tf2_ros/__init__.py", line 38, in <module>
    from buffer_interface import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tf2_ros/buffer_interface.py", line 30, in <module>
    import roslib; roslib.load_manifest('tf2_ros')
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslib/launcher.py", line 62, in load_manifest
    sys.path = _generate_python_path(package_name, _rospack) + sys.path
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslib/launcher.py", line 93, in _generate_python_path
    m = rospack.get_manifest(pkg)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rospkg/rospack.py", line 167, in get_manifest
    return self._load_manifest(name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rospkg/rospack.py", line 211, in _load_manifest
    retval = self._manifests[name] = parse_manifest_file(self.get_path(name), self._manifest_name, rospack=self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rospkg/rospack.py", line 203, in get_path
    raise ResourceNotFound(name, ros_paths=self._ros_paths)
rospkg.common.ResourceNotFound: tf2_ros
ROS path [0]=/opt/ros/kinetic/share/ros
ROS path [1]=/home/pi/ros/catkin_ws/install/share
ROS path [2]=/opt/ros/kinetic/share

Thanks
Guennadi