Deal.II installation problems.

Gary L. Roach garyroach719.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 23:25:44 BST 2019

Hi,

I've been using Deal.II for some time but have been having trouble with
my, from source code, installation. I found  your back-ported
libdeal.ii-9.1.1 and installed it with the usual apt-get. I found the
doc section in the  usual Debian place and finally found the files
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdeal.ii.g.so.9.1.1 and libdeal.ii.so.9.1.1.
I setup the path $DEAL_II_DIR= /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/. I tried to
compile step-1.cc with "cmake -G "Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles" . " .
This should have created a MakeFile set for use with Eclipse IDE.
Instead I got the following error:

///
/CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:30 (MESSAGE): /
/

/*** Could not locate a (sufficiently recent) version of deal.II.  ***//
//
//  You may want to either pass a flag -DDEAL_II_DIR=/path/to/deal.II to
cmake//
//
//  or set an environment variable "DEAL_II_DIR" that contains this path.//
//
//
//-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!/

I am using your CMakeLists.txt which I have attached. I can't seem to
see a solution to this problem. Could you help?

[Debian Butch installation with KDE Desktop and AMD 4 core processor.]

Gary Roach