Comments regarding polyml_5.8.1-1~exp1_amd64.changes

Jessica Clarke jrtc27 at debian.org
Tue Dec 1 02:14:33 GMT 2020

On 1 Dec 2020, at 02:07, Paul Richards Tagliamonte <ftpmaster at ftp-master.debian.org> wrote:

> Howdy, maintainers!
>
> One of our trainees spotted some issues in the debian/copyright
> file that he wanted to pass along.
>
> I've marked this package for accept, I personally err on the side
> of having y'all fix this in the archive, given this is binNEW,
> and the resulting tarball appears to still be distributable.
>
> This is, however some policy points that ought to get addressed
> as soon as you could.
>
> Thank you very much!
>  Paul (but actually our Trainee!)

Thanks Paul / mysterious trainee. The libffi move is something I really
should have thought about given I had to rebase a patch due to that.
It's particularly annoying given upstream has since removed their
vendored copy from git; building it is disabled in the package, but
autoconf being autoconf means the subdir still needs to configure...
I'll take a look at the others too before uploading -1 to unstable.

Jess